Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Photo Scavenger Hunt...Done!

Today I'm posting the final photo for Rinda's Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt. I knew this would be the one photo that I put off taking until the very end and it's surprising actually that I got it done 4 days before the deadline. I'm not a fan of having my photo taken, much less having to take a "selfie", but in a moment of pure spontaneity this afternoon I grabbed my camera, stood before the bathroom mirror and clicked away. I have to say it felt weird but I got the picture I needed to complete all 21 items on the list and for that I'm happy. 

#21 A photo of me with a Craft Tool

I chose my all-time favourite paper punch - the Martha Stewart Starburst. If I could only keep one of my scrapbooking punches this would be the one.  I wouldn't even think twice about it.

And now that the challenge is done, my plan is to make an 8"x8" scrapbook album using all my photos. It will be a great souvenir of the fun and adventures we had this summer while doing this.

A big thank-you to Rinda for hosting the challenge...and thanks also to Sian because it was through her blog that I found it.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

7 comments:

  1. You finally took the photo! It is a good one and I should have known that it would be the starburst punch that you showcased. What will we do if they ever stop punching?? Let's hope they work forever. :) Congrats on finishing the challenge. With only a few more days to go, I guess it is safe to say that I won't complete this. That's okay... I'm okay with quitting. ;) Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing up: it's lovely to see a picture of you with your punch. That's one I'd love to add to my collection too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that was the last photo I took for the hunt as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure anyone likes the selfie item on the list, but I always add one because I love seeing everyone. You did a great job on yours.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan ~ I know what you mean about doing the selfie bit! I'm the same way. I think we need to be 16 to really enjoy that process. LOL. Anyway, I enjoyed peeking at your other photos (and also the post with the birds is fantastic!). Congratulations on finishing the scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done of getting them all - love your sunset and so funny to see Tim Horton as I had a Canadian colleague several years ago who talked wistfully about their coffee all the time he was with us

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I started forcing myself to take self portraits - so I could learn what angles suited me at least... Isn't it fun how we get attached to certain punches or stamps?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.