Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Great Big Swap of Very Small Things...

I recently put my name on the list to participate in Sian's Great Big Swap of Very Small Things.  I love a good swap!  I used to participate in quilting swaps years back when I was an avid quilter but this was my first time joining a scrappy swap.

There's something very satisfying about choosing items for another person, packaging them up nicely and thinking about the enjoyment they'll have receiving them.  Likewise, it's fun to anticipate the arrival of your package in the mail, wondering what new treasures you'll receive.  Today was that day for me!  Waiting in my mailbox this afternoon was an envelope from Ginger of Ginger's Life of Spice.

Tucked into that envelope was a beautiful card and a lovely mix of items - paper (yes, paper!), tags & die cuts (packaged in a nice muslin drawstring bag which I forgot to photograph), ribbon, brads, buttons and lots of wood veneer pieces!  I love wood veneer and these will be a welcome addition to my stash.  And I love the fact that Ginger used washi tape (in my favourite colour of green!) to seal the glassine envelope that some of the bits were in so I can even use that on a layout. 


Thank you so much, Ginger, for everything you sent!  Tabby thought it was pretty awesome stuff too...



And thank-you, Sian, for organizing the swap. It was fun!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being part of it Susan. I have had enormous fun watching the packages arrive. It has been a bit like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful selection of goodies you received from Ginger! That tree diecut is amazing. Sweet photo of your little photography assistant. Every scrapper needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tree die cut! You have a fab selection of goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.