Sunday, June 9, 2013

More Than Just Sparrows...

We set up a bird feeder in our tiny backyard last month.  When we're sitting in the living room we can watch it through the window and there is always a flurry of activity going on out there from morning until sundown.  Even when we're sitting outside, the birds still come to visit the feeder.  I had hopes of seeing pretty birds like Jen gets in her yard but all we seem to have are sparrows.  Not that I have anything against sparrows but colourful birds seem like a bit more of a treasure to see.  Today - finally - as I glanced out the window I saw a pretty bird...


Yay!  I ran for my camera and got this blurry shot through the window.  I'm not sure what type of bird this is (possibly a House Finch?) but it sure is nice to look at and now I have proof that there are more than just sparrows in my neck of the woods.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty little bird. We have an array of birds... yellow finches, red winged black birds, those ever annoying Killdeer, along with your typical robins, sparrows and such. Our blue birds didn't come back banging on our windows this year. It is so nice. Oh, I have a bunch of little ruby throated hummingbirds. I have two feeders out and they still fight over them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!!! I'm so happy!! Yes it is a male House Finch! His mate will look like a Sparrow only the longer leaner tail. When will you be starting your bird album? Great topic to scrap!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.