Saturday, April 13, 2013

Xmas Elf - CSI Case No. 66

I'm back with another colour challenge from the CSI site.  I have to admit that when I first looked at this colour palette I wondered what I would do with it.

This is not a colour combination that really speaks to me and not one that I would typically use. But that's the beauty of a colour challenge - it gets you doing things outside your norm and when I remembered that I had a cute Christmas photo of my little nephew Thomas, I knew everything would work out okay.



How cute is this little guy in his Santa pyjamas?  Very!  My brother referred to him as the "Christmas Elf".

I used a bit of Christmas green and some turquoise to warm up the page.  The CSI rules say that colours other than what are in the palette can be used as long as they are limited to 10% of the page, and in this case I really felt it was necessary if I was going to be happy with the end result.
Jen had given me that turquoise Studio Calico frame a while back.  Luckily it fit perfectly on the vellum pocket and was an easy way to fancy it up.  The red tag (also Studio Calico) tucked into the pocket contains a few lines of journaling.

I used this sketch from the Scrap Idees blog.

On a sidenote, I am still rocking my favourite package of black Thickers Sunrise alphas, although it's really slim pickins' by now!  This time I did a bit of surgery on a capital "I" to transform it into an "l".  I've got mostly K's, W's and X's left in the pack now so I think my chances of eking out another title are pretty slim.  Had I known how much I would love these alphas I would have bought several packages when they were available.  I don't think I'd ever get tired of seeing this font on my pages.
Until next time...
Susan :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love your LO! The added touches of colour are terrific and I love how you decorated that envelop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.