Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Royaume du Bonbon - CSI Case No. 65

I have another CSI case file to share.  The palette was loaded with bright, vibrant colours that yelled out "fun" to me!


And what could be more fun than candy?  When we lived in Quebec we had a great little candy store within walking distance from our house.  Sometimes on a nice evening we would go for a walk and get a small bag of penny candy.  When you walked into the store there were shelves that were lined with dozens and dozens of jars of candy.  You'd take a little paper bag and tiny pair of tongs and make your selections.  They had every type of candy you could imagine - the newer types but also all the old stand-bys we were used to when we were kids.  The only thing that had changed was the price.  There wasn't much that could be called "penny" candy anymore because most of it cost anywhere from 5 cents to 25 cents a piece but it was so much fun to pick out exactly what you wanted and fill your bag.  The owner of the store was very trusting too, because it was up to the customer to keep a tally of the total cost of what they'd chosen.  I sometimes wondered how much money they lost to kids who weren't very good with math (or weren't very honest)!  Before we left Quebec we made one last visit to the candy store and I took a photo of what I'd selected.  I do miss that store.


It was so much fun to create this page.  I loved working with the hexagons and I was happy to finally put those whimsical  red alphas to good use.  They're from Cosmo Cricket and were a sale item at my LSS for only $2 quite a while ago.  At that price I couldn't resist buying them, although at the time I couldn't imagine how I might use them.  They were exactly what I needed for this page.  :-)

I used a sketch from Kristine Davidson's eBook "Creating with Sketches".

Until next time...
Susan :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love your LO!! Remember Chalmer's candy store? Mrs. Chalmers was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW great layout Susan. dbnl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.