Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Little Peanut & His 2 Old Aunts - CSI Case No. 60

Another week has gone by and another CSI case has been solved.  This time I pulled out an older photo of Jen and I with our little nephew Thomas (who is not so little now at 3 years of age) and the colour palette was just right.


Thomas came into our family well after the rest of the grandkids had arrived, in fact not far from two decades after the last one.  As initially nobody knew what the new baby's name would be, we nicknamed him "Little Peanut" and referred to ourselves as his "two old aunts".  Doesn't that sound like a great title for a children's book?  Little Peanut and His Two Old Aunts...



I've fallen into that "Thickers Dilemma" lately where I keep pulling out my favourite sets of Thickers alphas only to discover that I don't have all the letters I need for my title.  A disappointment every time it happens.  This time it was the brown alphas that I love and have used for several pages but even with the leftovers of Jen's same set, I was still missing all the T's!  At the price we pay for these alphas it would be really nice if they included more vowels and more of the popular consonants.  I solved the problem by pulling out my Cricut and cutting the main part of my title from patterned paper.  It made me wonder why I don't do this more often.  I do love the dimensional aspect of Thickers but they are definitely not very cost effective when you consider how many go to waste. 

I used this sketch by Lydell Quinn:


Until next time...
Susan :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love that photo of us with Little Peanut! Great LO and I love how you have that little owl on the circle. Yes, I can just imagine all of the adventures that Little Peanut and his two old aunts could have! I have to use my Cricut more too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of you and Jen with peanut. Great layout too. The red and yellow colors go together so well

    dbnl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.