Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Girl and Her Doll - CSI Case No. 57

I solved another CSI case this week.  I'm discovering that these challenges can be a little bit addictive!  It's quite fun going through the paper stash looking for the colours in the palette and figuring out how you can work the "evidence" and "testimony" into the page.  


This week's palette had two shades of pink in it, a colour that I don't use very much, but exactly what I needed as inspiration to scrap a photo of my mom holding her doll, Sally, which she has had since she was a little girl.  Once again I used my vintage typewriter for my journaling but this time I typed on vellum paper which I then attached to the page.  It didn't quite turn out as I had imagined it, and I'm not sure I would do this again, but I had a lot to say and didn't think I'd have room to write it all if I'd done it by hand.
 I used this sketch by Kristine Davidson of Creative Scrappers:


Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the CSI challenges! They are addictive and are perfect for a colour oriented scrapper such as you. Your LO is beautiful! Love the delicate embellishments and that birdcage is great. Stamped or rub on? Oh good old Sally with those creepy dark eyes and black mouth. I have a photo somewhere of Diane and Lisa at 5 & 3 holding her for a photo Mom wanted. Diane told me later that she was scared. LOL Loved the coffin analogy in your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birdcage is a chipboard piece from Michaels. I remember that photo of the girls with Sally.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is lovely your stitching is divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.