Friday, December 7, 2012

Last Night I Dreamed...

…that I was running across the top of a snowbank.  I was an adult, walking down the street with my sister, in front of the apartment building on Hubert Street where we lived as kids.  “Wouldn’t you just love to throw yourself onto that snowbank?” I asked Jen, thinking how nice it would feel to sink into all that white snow.  I tested the snow with my foot, not expecting to find what I did.  “It’s solid!” I said.  And suddenly, there we were – me and my sis, kids again - on top of the snowbank, running full-force with the excitement and wild abandonment that children have, the coldness of the day all around us, running, running, then finally sliding down the end of the bank.  Wheeeeee!  It’s amazing how a dream can take us back to a particular time and place, to the feeling of a certain moment in our life.  Last night I was a kid again…

Until next time...
Susan :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great dream! So great to actually feel like we went back even if only for a moment. Imagine running across the snowbanks now... we'd likely pull a muscle or twist an ankle! LOL Remember how big the hill in the parking lot was? It probably wasn't all that big. Loved reading this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.