Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hiatus

A funny thing happened recently.  I picked up two new followers on my blog.  It had been a long, long time since I'd had a new follower and I thought to myself, "Oh you poor things - signing on to see what I'm up to and there's absolutely nothing going on with this blog lately!" 

Because I've discovered that for whatever reason, when I'm not thinking about having to get a decent photo of my projects or what I'm going to write, I actually accomplish a lot more scrapbooking.  I've recently completed 11 layouts and I'm making good headway on finishing up my vacation album from the trip I took to Alberta in July of 2010 before we moved here.

So, for the moment I think I'll take a break from blogging and just focus on having fun scrapbooking and I'll make a decision at some point on whether I want to have a blog at all.  I started this blog with a post titled "To Blog or Not to Blog" and maybe for me the answer is "not to".  We'll see...

I'll leave you for now with this lovely photo that I scrapped recently taken in a wooded area where we lived back in Quebec.


Wishing everyone a safe and happy summer!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love areas like your photo. So pretty, serene, peaceful. For me, I love reading your posts, not only for seeing your beautiful pages, but those pretty pages/knitting projects, etc you share, I get a glimpse into what you have been up to and enjoy the stories of yours and your sis's goings on. Whatever your decision, I know you have to do what works for you and I totally understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having a break for the exact same reasons - I felt I was spending too long photographing and uploading and writing and editing. I've created loads of pages and caught up on a few projects too - but I do miss blogging! I keep toying with the idea of trying to do it differently but can't decide. I really enjoy your posts but it's only worth it if you are enjoying it - hope you have a lovely summer regardless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's best to do what is right for you and the creative process. Scrapping is all about having fun and this needs to remain the focus. :) Hey, I'll still see your LO's anyway. ;) Love that photo and the LO is terrific too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!!!!!! Why? COME BACK SOON .... I'll miss your documentary? dbnl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.