Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pretty Cards

Jen and I have been missing all the scrappy fun we had while working on projects like the Embellished Paper Doily and our parents' anniversary album.  When we got together this past Tuesday we decided to do something about it.  We both had card kits in our stash so decided to devote the day to working on those.

The card kit I used was put together at my LSS and given to me by my aunt when she came to Alberta recently to visit my mother. 







I replaced the ribbon in the kit with twine, only because I have a lot of trouble tying a nice bow with ribbon, and I added some gems for extra dimension.  The finished cards have a lovely, delicate feel to them and were so much fun to create that I plan on using these designs for future cards.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the twine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these delicate cards. I plan on scraplifting all of these. I need all the help I can get when making cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!! They are so pretty. If you lived closer, I could help you with your bows. I can tie them. I too would like to borrow the designs. ;) I am not much of a card maker either. :) I hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the twine - it's a lovely update on ribbon I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann July 15, 2012.

    Hi Susan,

    I don't know how I missed commenting on the cards you made from the kit I bought you back in April. You made lovely cards. I have yet to make up my kit cards. We enjoyed visiting all the family and your Mom has made another milestone with being able to walk with a walker now.

    annsalert@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.