Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In My Garden...

It hasn't felt much like summer here lately...well, technically it isn't actually summer yet, but it hasn't even felt like we're getting close to it with the cooler temps and rain we've been having.  But I woke up to a warm and sunny day today and when I looked out my living room window I saw this...


A beautiful iris in full bloom and many more just about to burst open!  I love irises and this is a sure sign that, yes, summer is on the way...sometime soon I hope!
 
Until next time...
Susan :-)

6 comments:

  1. So pretty!! My neighbor has a bunch... well, we gave them to her. Greg's coworker gave him a bunch that they had split. We didn't have anywhere for them. So, we get to watch them bloom over there. We have had some pretty warm days already. So, the Irises are done blooming. :( Roller coaster weather here. 90's one day, 60's the next. Hope it warms up. Send us some of your rain. We could use a little. These constant 30mph winds have dried everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was in B.C. last week and encountered snow! Here's hoping your summer is there to stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to things in bloom! A beautiful flower it is! Miss my Iris plant at my old house. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog. Sending you pockets full of sunshine!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann

    A beautiful bloom your Iris. Hope you get some warm sunny days of summer soon. Wish I could send you some summer weather from us here in Ontario.
    Many folks have had there air-conditioner on.

    annsalert@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iris's are gorgeous. Thank you for stopping by on Jennifers blog hop and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.