Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Project 365 - Week 14

Yes, I have made a little bit more progress on this project from 2010!  As part of my effort to accomplish certain things this year by setting small, doable goals, I have set aside two days each month for working on Project 365.  This past Monday was one of those days and I finished the two pages for Week 14.  These pages do tend to go together quickly since I am limited to using only flat embellishments so there's none of my usual agonizing over product selection.

Jen gave me the leftovers from the Basic Grey Oxford paper pack that she recently won from BG, and these papers were a great match for my photos.

Here are the pages I put together.  The large banner strip that runs across the bottom of the pages does actually line up properly but my photography and collaging skills really do leave something to be desired!


I used my two new Fiskars cloud punches for the first time. I have drooled over these punches for so long!   I couldn't find them locally and had trouble justifying the cost of buying them online and paying full price for them plus a hefty shipping fee. Recently my mother was given a small inheritance from a relative overseas and she generously shared a portion of it with myself, my sister and my brother. This seemed like the perfect time to buy myself a gift of the cloud punches and not worry about the cost of them since this was unexpected money. Thanks, Mom! I am so happy to have them and I know they will get much use.

I used this fun sketch from Sketch Savvy:


Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. A terrific LO and what an awesome sketch for Project 365! Love the banners for journaling and the splattering is great! Glad the Oxford came in handy. The colours really match well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a terrific LO!! I have used that sketch as well and love it. The Oxford papers from Jen go so well with your photos. Yay to new punches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sketch and have just been over and downloaded the printable versions of her sketches. She's new to me - so thanks for the link! I like the splatters too and the lovely clouds - guilt free too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool sketch - and you rocked it. Love the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the little clouds, and loving the Alias Grace cover in one of your photos! That was one of my favourites from university!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.