Monday, February 20, 2012

Just One Sketch - Assignment #6

I'm back again with the latest layout I've done for Miss Smith's Just One Sketch class.  This time the goal was to keep things simple, paring down the elements of our sketch and using minimal embellishments so that the focus of the page becomes the photo itself.  This was easy for me as I tend to be a minimalist scrapbooker anyway, although maybe not THIS minimal.


I added some machine stitching through the title and the paper strip at the bottom of the page to give a hint of texture and kept the paint splattering to a minimum.  Keeping things this simple meant that I had the layout done in record time but I don't think I'd make many pages like this. It seems too bare - even for me.

I used the upside-down version of the Creative Scrappers sketch I chose for the class, placing the photo even further in the top corner.


It's Family Day here in Alberta today.  We had a light dusting of snow yesterday so everything looks white and clean.  The sun is shining brightly and it's fairly warm - a perfect day for everyone who's going outside for activities.  We took advantage of it and went for a good walk this morning and Jen and Rob are coming over this afternoon to play Aggravation - our way of celebrating family today. 
  
Until next time...
Susan :-)

6 comments:

  1. This is a great page. You chose great papers to go with your photo. I too am a minimalist, and agree this would be a bit minimal for me too. It still is pretty. I hope you have a great day. It's mostly cloudy and WINDY! I wish the wind would go away. It makes it so chilly outside. No snow here. I think we hit a record this year for the least amount of snow for our area. Have fun playing Aggravation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this minimal look. Simple and yet striking! I love this photo of you guys. The game was fun even if I never won one. Boo!! ;) Here's to "Team Susafer"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forc me simple and stylish is better , this is lovely, I like the little splashes of mist at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just reading about Family Day on another blog - sounds like a wonderful idea!

    I'm going to struggle with this prompt too - but on the upside it does leave plenty of space for journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page - your choice of soft greys to pick up the colour of the T shirt is perfect, and there's space as well as lots of journalling. Pretty perfect, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool idea for a class. I think I might have to try this...twisting a sketch around in all different ways. What a cool concept! Your layout turned out awesome, and I think it doesn't come across as too "minimalist" because of that added texture with the stitching! I just find that makes layouts really pop. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.