Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just One Sketch - Assignment #4

Yes, I totally skipped over assignment #3!  I swear I never did stuff like that in real school.  ;-)  But in this case, the assignment involved mirror image and possibly doing two pages for which I had no ideas at all so I decided not to do it and just move onto the next one.

The fourth prompt is all about colour or more specifically using just one colour to create a monochromatic layout.  I knew right away that I had the perfect photo to use - a picture of a slice of cherry pie that I baked last summer using cherries from the tree in our tiny backyard.  I got busy pulling out red and cream papers and even found one with a cherry print.


I used the sketch in its original orientation and this time included the circle element because it reminded me of a pie.  I added some hand-stitching for texture and couldn't resist using those cherry brads which Jen had given me a couple of years ago.  Finally they found the perfect home!

Once again, here's the Creative Scrappers sketch I chose to use for the class:



Until next time...
Susan :-)

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty page!! I love the mix of papers and that piece of pie looks SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this LO!!!! Monochromatic is so much fun!! Those brads worked so great and I love the title! Yay to that CC cherry paper too!! That pie looks so good!! Looks better than Fife. I caved and signed up for Ms. Smith's course today! I was looking at her blog and the peeks looked so terrific. I think it will help me get even more use out of the eBook. I tend to look at a sketch with the photo size and orientation is shows. Time to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this page. The colour scheme is gorgeous and I love the contrast of the circle which draws on the pie and the graph paper grid in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, there's no such thing as detention in this class. It's a do-what-you-want approach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! Love the mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pie looks delish, and I'm loving the mono-chromatic look! That's not something I've tried before - I think I'll have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.