Friday, February 3, 2012

Just One Sketch - Assignment #2

I spent yesterday afternoon down in my scrapping room and finished my second layout for Miss Smith's Just One Sketch class.   The idea this time around was to rotate the sketch to achieve a different look.

I really had fun working on this page and used some of those fun papers from the American Crafts Amy Tangerine line.  I pulled out my sewing machine to add some stitching and I'm finally enjoying the randomness of the paint splattering process.  I discovered that an eye-dropper works well if you want to add some bigger splotches of paint here and there.

If I ever figure out where the "good" light is in this house I will be a happy camper.  After several attempts in various spots, I finally just had to prop it up on the shelf in my kitchen.  This just might end up being my new way to photograph scrapbook pages.


This is the Creative Scrappers sketch which I'm using for the class, rotated 180 degrees.  I opted out of adding the embellishment cluster in the corner of the page. I like the way my photo is framed by three small clusters and felt that the paint spatters at the bottom looked fine on their own just as is.



This class has been a very good motivator for me to get some scrapbooking done.  Now if I could just motivate myself to re-organize all my albums like I should be doing, I could start putting some of my pages where they belong!

I hope to be back very soon with my next assignment from the class.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Ann

    Susan, What a great idea(after all these years). You created a great Lo. I love the splatter and a great tip using an eye dropper. I must uplift this Lo for ourselves.

    annsalert

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat old picture. I had to do a double take I first thought it was you and Chris. Great title and the old feel of the colours. Great job once again. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan this LO is terrific! Love the title and the cute story behind it! These papers are perfect with the tones in your picture. So much fun to look back at the old photos. The splatters look great. So neat how one sketch can look so different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your page. Your handwritten anecdote is so lovely -- after all these years you haven't changed in each others' eyes.

    I know what you mean about finding the good light. I am forever chasing the light around my house when it comes time to take photos for the blog. Yours turned out great! I love the shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, eye-dropper for the paint-splatters! Brilliant! :) This page is awesome! This challenge blog you're following sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.