Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Been a Long Week...

...a really long week.  Last Thursday evening my mother suffered a stroke.  The days since then have passed by very slowly as we've been waiting and watching her progress day by day.  She is slowly but steadily on the road to recovery but it will be a long road to travel until she's ready to go home again.

I am so glad to be living here in Alberta now so that I can do my part to help in all of this as Jen and Rob also deal with the very sad loss of Rob's father - a man who I'd only met a few times but who was obviously very kind and loving, had a great sense of humour and was well-loved by his family.

It's been a long week.

Susan

7 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry Susan. I wish a speedy recovery for your mom. Thinking of you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan. Such a long week. I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and I wish you and your family strength on the long road ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to read this on Jen's blog too and I'm thinking about you both and sending good wishes for your Mum from across the ocean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your troubles - wishing your Mum a good recovery and sending a hug to you Hx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difficult time for your family, Susan. I just read about this over on Jen's blog, and I wanted to zip right over here to send you my thoughts and prayers. It's so fortunate that you two are now in the same city and can help each other through this. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the kind words about dad. YES it has been a long week for all. I can not wait until all this passes. YES it has been great having you guys around. You better not think of moving back. LOL. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear this, Susan ... Hope the stress of it eases as your Mum's health improves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.