Sunday, November 6, 2011

"A Walk Through History"...

I seem to be on a bit of a knitting tangent lately.  I'm like that.  I get totally wrapped up in something and let all my other hobbies fall to the wayside while I focus on that one thing.  But after making three hats and countless dishcloths, my fingers are achy and my hands are dry from handling all that yarn so I turned back to scrapbooking and got another layout done.

We visited Fort Edmonton Park this past July.  This is your typical heritage park where you visit old houses and buildings and look at old furniture, household items, farm implements, etc. and learn how everyday life worked a long while ago.

Jen loves Fort Edmonton Park.  I don't know exactly how many times she has visited the park with Robert, but I know it's enough to make him groan when somebody mentions Fort Edmonton Park.  I did the tour of the park with Jen and Rob in the summer of 2010 when I came to Edmonton on vacation before moving here.  This year we went back to the park because Richard hadn't been and Matthew wanted to come along for the trip as well.  It was a good way to spend the day but I think I've had my fill of Fort Edmonton for a while.


I used this sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:


Jen talked about how much fun it would be to have a season pass but somehow I don't think she'll be able to talk anybody into joining her on that one!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Nice variety of pictures that capture the great day we had. The green background page is my favourite colour of green. The small piece of red paper really sets to two areas apart. Again you did a great job. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? We're not going again this summer??? But, it is sooo much fun!! ;) Yeah, I know that nobody will come in 2012 but maybe the next year! :) LOVE this LO!! So striking and I love that you got three photos in. Love the shot and positioning of the buggy photo! Farmhouse is perfect for this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that striking buggy photo too! This kind of historical trip is right up my street - I'd love to visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann S said

    I love your Lo with those colors together green red and yellow nice and bright, love the three photos all together on one Lo. It makes me feel I need to get out my Anne Of Green Gable photos and follow your page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I've never been to Fort Edmonton Park, but it looks really neat! I think I might borrow this sketch for a LO of my niece and nephews I'm going to work on today...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.