Saturday, October 22, 2011

Shimelle's Sketch of the Week

I've been following Shimelle Laine's blog very closely for well over a month now.  The members of my family have become very accustomed to hearing me talk about Shimelle.  It's Shimelle-this and Shimelle-that on a daily basis.  But honestly, I've never come across anyone who has inspired me so much to get my photos scrapped.  A lot of it has to do with Shimelle's basic scrapbooking philosophy.  Scrapbooking  is not a competition, it's not about spending a lot of money on supplies, it's not about having the biggest, best scrap room.  Scrapbooking is about telling our stories, however big or small they may be, and presenting them on pretty paper in a way that pleases us, whether we're creating our pages just for ourself or to share with friends and family or posting them on our blogs for the whole world to see.  Now that's a philosophy I can live by and one that inspires me to tell our little life stories.


This layout was done using Shimelle's sketch of the week which you can find here

Luckily for me, my family is still listening to me gush on and on about Shimelle and so far nobody has asked me to be quiet.  Maybe they like to see me inspired.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

7 comments:

  1. I really like your layout about something not happening - if you see what I mean! The chipboard branches are a great touch too. Glad that Shimelle is inspiring you so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful!!! I love how you layered your title. Shimelle does have a great philosophy doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another terrific LO!! Love the stitching, title work and embellishment clusters. Great photos to scrap too! I love Shimelle's philosophy too. A very down to earth approach! {I think you are her #1 fan though.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shimelle STALKER (lol). Nice photograph of Richard & Chris with the St. Lawrence River. I like the angling of the journaling tag. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're not referring to the size of our usual catch at that spot fom your'our little life stories' comment. ;)

    As usual the picture doesn't do your layout justice. Another beautiful memory to preserve in your album. YDH

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so true! I'am inspired by Shimelle too. I love the way she makes 'scrapbooking' look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous layout! I've never checked out Shimelle's blog, but it sounds like I should!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.