Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I've Been Making Cards

I recently spent a bit of time creating some cards for my mother as a gift for her birthday.  I thought it would be nice for her to have a small stash on hand so she wouldn't necessarily have to make a trip to the store if she needed a card. 

I always enjoy the finished result but it still amazes me how long it can take to make one tiny card in comparison to creating a 12x12 layout!  I also learned a valuable lesson.  If you plan on heat embossing a stamped sentiment it is preferable to do this before glueing the front of the card to the card base.  I ended up with four rather warped cards which I had to take apart, flatten and then reassemble.  I won't be making that mistake again!


I cannot take credit for the design of any of these cards.  The turquoise cards with the large flower are designed by Aphra Bolyer using the Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge.  The remaining ideas came from several different issues of Paper Crafts magazine.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great job marking your cards. Where is the You are a great BL card? It must be in your second batch of cards you are making. Again Great job. DBnL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful!! Mom must have loved them. I'll be asking to have a peek at them when we go over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure these cards were well received, Susan ! Great job using the Cricut too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely idea for a gift for your Mum. I'm sure these beauties will be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just lovely, and I have to agree I take probably longer to make a card than a layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.