Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Celebrate"...a birthday page

A quick post to share a layout I've done with photos from my mother's recent birthday.  I used a sketch from Inspired Blueprints and followed it very closely.  Banners might be a bit pass√© now but I had fun adding one here.  It's only the second time I've used one and it seemed fitting for a birthday page.  This was also the perfect time to pull out my glittery Pink Paislee vermillion alphas that I found on sale a while back!  They appear very orange in this photo but in reality are more of a red tone. 


Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Great use of colour. It is a very nice pic of your mom too. Great use of colour in the banner. Great job. You know who would be so proud of you. lol dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great LO Susan! Love how you have a photo of the cake too! The yo-yo flowers are really nice and I love the banner! I refuse to admit that banners are going out.... I still love them on any LO!! Hey, is that the famous pink paper from Botanique?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still loving banners! (Especially as we are in birthday mood here this week too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one LOVE the banner...just like with clothing, I usually embrace the trend just as it's going out. I figure it doesn't matter, because once the page is in your book, no one will know when you did it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.