Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Doily Day Once Again...

Another day of making Embellished Paper Doilies using the tutorial on Christine Middlecamp's blog.  Lots of little details, especially on the first one Jen and I tackled, and it seemed to take forever to finish.  We weren't sure we'd even have time to complete the second one but it moved along quicker so we ended our scrappy day with two more beautiful doilies to add to our project.

Loads of layers on this one and it is so wonderfully three-dimensional in person thanks to lots of foam core pop dots! 


For this next one we were lucky enough to have the Girls Paperie ornate frame which Christine used on her original project.   I love the fancy look of this doily and the gold embossing which we did on the circle underneath the butterfly.  Very lovely!


Only three more doilies left to make and then we can assemble everything in its window box which means that I really need to start thinking about where I'm going to display this in my house so I can admire it all the time!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yay, only three more to go!! I don't even want to think about putting the shadow box together. I'm scared!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. You two have been working so hard on these. What are you going to do next after this is all done. I know Jen is going to miss this tuesday while you are away in Jasper. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your doilies and can't wait to frame them and have them up on our wall. YDH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo pretty, Susan! I cannot wait to see the final product!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.