Lots of doily fun for Jen and I this week - two days' worth to be exact! We had our usual scrappy day yesterday and since I had an appointment this morning quite close to Jen's place, we decided that we might as well get together again afterwards and continue where we left off yesterday. We finished four more embellished doilies and this project is really starting to take shape.
Here they are in all their glory!
Even though we don't always have the exact supplies on hand that Christine used in her original project, we've been able to recreate the same look by being a bit inventive. For example, we didn't have a decorative transparency for the button/butterfly doily, so we stamped a fancy design on acetate with black StazOn ink and then cut out the shape. Instant transparency!
For the birdcage doily Christine used a gold acrylic leaf but since we didn't have this particular item, we used the Cricut (with a deep cut blade) to cut a leaf shape from a Hambly gold overlay. Problem solved and it looks so good peeking out from behind that birdcage!
We also tried heat embossing for the first time to add tiny gold dots to our butterflies. It was quick and easy and adds such a nice touch of dimension and shine. We're so happy with the results!
It has been very interesting to see the slight variations between the doilies that Jen and I create. Even though we're following the same tutorial and using basically the same products, so far we've only created one doily that's identical. The beauty of working on these doilies is that you never get bored because each one is so unique! We are enjoying this project so much and have plans for another scrappy sleepover in the near future so that we can make even more progress on it. It doesn't get better than that!
Until next time...