Friday, April 1, 2011

Tandem Scrapping #2

Once again Jen and I decided to create a challenge that we could work on at the same time.  We both recently got the new Social Club line of paper from Cosmo Cricket, so we thought it would be fun not only to do a layout using those papers, but also to work from the same sketch.

We chose this interesting sketch, #149 from Creative Scrappers:

 And here is my take on it using CC's Social Club line and a cute photo of my niece, Sarah:


I absolutely love every paper in this collection but working on this layout confirmed for me that I have a hard time using just one specific collection.  I'm happier when I'm mixing up paper lines and manufacturers to create a unique look.  So with that in mind, I plan on reorganizing my entire paper collection by colour - a big undertaking but I think it will work better for my style of scrapping.

And now, I'm anxious to see what Jen created with this challenge of ours! You can check it out here.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

7 comments:

  1. I love the pops of red here! Really gives the a great dynamic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, did we just morph into each other's scrappy styles for this!! So funny that yours is busy and mine is calm! This never happens!! LOL Of course I love this busy LO!! Love the pops of red, stitched swirl and the use of the Sassafras borders! Cute photo of Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you did trade styles!!! I love the pops of red!! Love the stitching as well!! I am not good about mixing mfrs. I need to learn how to do that better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love how you use print over print. The red makes everything alive and your stitching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...how totally different..love the colors you used..that red is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving it! I can't believe your LO turned out so much different than Jen's - so cool! I NEED to get my hands on this line...NEED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful with the stitched swirl in red ! fabulous take too , Susan! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.