Friday, April 22, 2011

Ice Cream Anyone?

Looks like summer has arrived here in Edmonton!  It's a balmy 9 degrees celsius with 24 km/hr winds today, and while I'll admit that it IS a pleasant day, it isn't exactly summer yet.  But, people are outside without jackets, wearing shorts, even flip-flops.  This surprises me since in Quebec people don't generally pull out their summer wear until the thermometer hits at least double digits.  More surprising than that was seeing the ice cream truck roll into our condo complex, jingly music playing full force!  I haven't seen an ice cream truck since I was a kid and didn't even realize that such a thing still exists....especially at this time of year....but, people came out of their units and actually bought ice cream.  I guess eventually I'll get used to life here in Edmonton!


While I'm on the topic of summer, I thought I'd share a layout I did many months ago from my vacation with Jen and Rob last summer.  I love the Graphic 45 papers I used in this and it is one of my all-time favourite layouts.  It's been so long since I finished this LO that I don't remember which sketch I used so I can't give credit where credit is due.  :-(


Wishing you all a great long weekend!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Ice creeeeeeeeam! How cool! I really hope that spring truly is on its way...I'm in southern BC right now where the crocuses are blooming and it definitely feels more like spring than in northern Alberta! What an awesome LO, too! The summery palette is fabulous. How did you manage to cut such a thin circle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have an ice cream truck like that pull up in yr condo but at 9degrees ! oh boy ! lol the things we take for granted over here .

    Love how you used the G45 here, Susan ! the colors go perfect with your pic !

    & thanks for your blog visit ! i appreciate it soo much !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see this LO again! These were awesome papers! Spring must be here if the ice cream truck came!! Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.