Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Funny Face" - Sketch #216 from Sketch Inspiration

I'm still creating layouts using my counterfeit kit and finished another one last night, finally using that funky sheet of Basic Grey Offbeat paper that inspired the whole thing.  The photo is of me, taken long, long ago.  It seems lately I've been scrapping nothing but old photos!  When I was packing for our move out west I found lots of pictures that had been stored away in boxes for years.  There are some really good b&w's taken by my father and they are just calling out to be scrapped. There was no date written on this particular photo but it's probably from around 1963.  Once I verify this with my mother I'll be able to add a date to the layout.  I just love the goofy expression on my face here!

 
I used this great sketch from Sketch Inspiration and really enjoyed working with it!


We're off to Jen and Rob's for a steak BBQ today (yum!) and we've actually got sort of summer-ish weather for it!  Yay!

Until next time..
Susan :-)

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! I love all the mix of goodies!! You and Jen both are so good at that!! Have fun with your sis today!! Can you send down some warm weather?? Gloomy, rainy and 40 degrees F here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is a fabulous page and he is just adorable! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page!! I sooo love that paper...and that picture is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful LO Susan, and I love this photo of you!! Loving the mix of papers here, the kraft paper flowers and all the hand stitching! Yay to counterfeiting kits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree this is a fabulous page - the embellishments rock and that little bit of stitching adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable photo and wonderful layout! Great mix of papers and embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GORGEOUS page!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this LO thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.