Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Beautiful Day...

The weather is wonderful here today - finally warm and very spring-like! We took advantage and went to a park to do some geocaching.  It was great to walk around in the fresh air and we were successful in finding six geocaches.  The park was full of Canada geese too!  Back east I'd only ever seen these birds passing by overhead as they were either leaving Canada in the autumn or returning in the spring, but had never seen them so close up.  I really enjoyed watching them walk around and they are definitely not afraid of people as they would come within a couple of feet of you. 


On a scrappy note, yesterday Jen gave me a gift of Echo Park's awesome For the Record paper pack.  I LOVE this paper!  So many wonderful sheets and fun stickers to play with, including some really original alphas.  I can't wait to cut into some of this goodness, but usually when I adore a paper line this much I tend to hoard it for a while first so I can just admire it. ;-)


Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this picture, they are beautiful and very majestic. Love that paper too, can't wait to see what you will make with it. Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photo!!! Thems are some big birds, eh! The paper looks yummy!! Cut into it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I just got back from BC, and I am SO SO SO glad to come back to warmer weather! I can't wait to try out geocaching! :) And yay for sisters who buy you scrappy presents! (LOL I had a bit of a typo there and almost wrote "Crappy" presents! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Center-point feature! I never knew what that did! LOL I was pretty confused about the plumbing too, but it turned out to be pretty easy! The 3-hole thing refers to the number of holes you have drilled into your countertop underneath your taps. It seems that one or three holes is standard, but mine only had the two outside holes drilled out, which meant that I could only get a faucet that has the hot and cold independently controlled (no single-handle tap for me!) The putty is to fill in any empty space on the bottom of the tap so nothing gross can grow there. Who knew I could learn all of this? LOL There is soooo much more to being a homeowner than I thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.