Sunday, March 20, 2011

Displaying Layouts

What do you do with a layout after it's finished?  If you're like me, you admire it for a few minutes, leave it at your workspace overnight so that you can look at it a bit the next day and then put it away in an album that rarely gets taken out.  This is the part of scrapbooking that bothers me.  I put so much effort into creating something that ends up being ignored. 

I decided that I needed to find a way to display my work and enjoy it until I was ready to put it away in an album.  I came up with a plan to make a small ledge above my work table.  We bought two different strips of molding at the home renovation store and made this:


I can fit about seven layouts along this ledge.  It cost less than $20 and took about an hour and a half to finish. It should probably take less time than that but we're not very good handypeople and tend to backtrack at times!  It decorates my scrappy space nicely.  My layouts are on display for everyone to see.  Most of all, I'm happy to be surrounded by what I've created until I decide it's time they went into an album. 

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Your crafty idea turned out terrific!! Your LO's look great and it really is the perfect way to decorate your scrapping space!! Everything looks so great and you must be so happy with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Did Mike Holmes came by the house to do some home renos? Very nice way of displaying your creative layouts. AWESOME. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Nice job, this completes your scrappy space beautifully. Now can you put the whip away!!!
    Your DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome job! That's such a great way to decorate and be able to change it up at a moment's notice! :) Any chance we could get a close-up of how you put this together?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.