Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Anniversary Album Peek

The brutally cold weather continues to plague Edmonton but I ventured out yesterday in spite of that for my weekly scrapping get-together with Jen.  Can't miss my scrappy day with my sister!  Lucky me got to work on my baby photo page while poor Jen struggled along trying to make five totally ordinary and mismatched snapshots look good.  She did a pretty good job of it considering what she had to work to with!

Here's my sneak peek of the anniversary album for this week -


I've also recently scrapped a gem of a photo of our paternal grandparents that I found at Jen's one day while looking through a box of photographs our mother gave her.  It wasn't often that we saw these grandparents while growing up and other than their wedding photo I don't have any other pictures of them so it was great to find this casual shot of them together.


My vision for this layout was to use Crate Paper's Restoration line but I really struggle with those papers so the vision ended up morphing into something totally different!  While searching my stash for a piece of pink paper to mix with Restorations I found these three totally unrelated papers and decided they were perfect for the photo - a Pink Paislee christmas sheet, tiny dots from The Girls' Paperie and lovely pink swirls from MME's So Sophie line.  Funny how things change like that but I really like the end result.

I used this sketch from Pagemaps:


Until next time...
Susan :-)

6 comments:

  1. Susan I love this LO of Granny & Grandpa. Your paper choices are wonderful. Love the lamp embellishment here, the vintage pins and butterflies. This is so beautiful and has a real vintage vibe. Your sneak peek looks terrific and here is to getting ready for lots of wonderful mismatched multi photo collage pages!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! How lovely to find those old photos. Do you adhere them right to the page, or do you do the photocopy-thing? I just love your paper combination - and that little lamp is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, that picture is a treasure, beautiful!!!!! and your baby girl details are awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice pix of your grandparents - I did a 50th wedding anniversary album for my parents and it isn't that easy to do heritage pictures - so good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talnet must grow in your family. I love reading your sisters blog so I thought I would check your out. I love all the detail on you added to your baby page. Can't wait to see the complete page and the layout of you grandparent is beautiful. I really like the lamp you added to it. Have a fun day tomorrow scrappin with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan....oh my your LO's are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.