Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Newest Toy...and a Secret Project

Today my newest toy finally arrived in the mail!  The 7gypsies Binderie punch.


I got it for only $19.99 from the Peachy Cheap website.  What a deal!  I have visions of all the wonderful books I'll create using this little tool - a book to log all the books I read, a book to list all the books I want to read, a book to log all the things I knit, a book to list favourite quotes - yes, I'm that type of obsessive person and this little machine will be drilling perfectly round perfectly spaced holes through all the covers and pages!  Does it get any better than this? ;-) 

I took a trip to Jen's house this morning - no small feat for me, the person who doesn't like to drive and has a morbid fear of getting lost!  But I made it there and back successfully and we spent the day working on our "secret project".  We spent hours planning the whole thing (kinda like doing an outline for English class -  now I can understand why my teachers always insisted on those being done!)  As much as we'd love to share the whole process of it with you in detail, out of consideration for the recipients of said project we can't reveal much about it right now, but we'll be showing tiny sneak-peeks now and again.  After working together today we learned that we are very different scrappers with very different ways of working and we had a lot of fun in the process.  How lucky am I to be able to share this great hobby with my sister? Very.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Susan, what a great bargain! I can't wait to see what you two are up to... I bet it's fabulous!
    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have a go with the Binderie, too!! :) Looking forward to working on the project again!! My tangenty nature is kicking in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooo too sweet you & Jen are together ! so heartwarming to see sisters like both of you do scrappy things together ! All the very best & a tonne of fun with the secret project ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, an outline is super important! :) I can't wait to see what you do with your new little super tool! Any chance you could post a little tutorial/demo of what it can do?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.