Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Warm Mittens & New Year Greetings

I wiggle my left hand,
I wiggle my right,
inside of my mittens,
so warm and so tight!


I made these mittens!  I have had so much fun making mitts since Jen taught me how a couple of weeks ago.  It feels like such an accomplishment to be able to knit something other than a scarf.  Now I have mittens in pink, mittens in green, mittens in beige...you get the idea...I'm on mitten-knitting overdrive the past couple of weeks but I'd better slow down because a person only needs so many pairs of mitts.  It's time to start making some to give to charity.

The end of 2010 saw us settled into our new home in Edmonton, Alberta. :-)  It was an extremely busy year for us with the sale of our house in Quebec, moving to an apartment for six months, searching for a new home in Edmonton and planning and executing the move out here.  I did enough packing and unpacking in one year to last me the rest of my life!  I was happy to see the busyness (is that even a word? it looks strange!) of 2010 come to an end and especially happy to take the last daily photo for my Project 365 on December 31st!  I've updated my Project 365 blog and hope to be able to motivate myself to get working on scrapping these photos soon.

I wish all of you happiness, health and lots of time for scrapping and being creative!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Susan, they are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! I love to knit too and now that my first grand-baby is on the way I want to learn how to make booties. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, the mittens are wonderful!!! You are officially the "Mitten Queen"!! I'm off to check out your 365 blog!! It must feel so great to have finished that project. This from the quitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are super cute! If you, uhhh, wanted to do a, uhhh, I don't know, a mitten giveaway or something, I'd uhhhhh, you know, I'd enter. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - just learning to knit and already mittens. I can only knit a scarf!! With our Alberta winters you're gonna have to double up those mittens and start on a blanket!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.