Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our Fancy Feet

I’ve slowly been scrapping my photos from the vacation I had in Alberta with Jen and Rob back in July.  We spent several days in beautiful Banff and on our last day there Rob treated Jen and I to a Rocky Mountain pedicure at the hotel’s spa!  This was my first pedicure and I really enjoyed it.  Jen and I loved being treated like “princesses” - if only for a while.  Besides, what could be better than looking at a view of the mountains while someone pampers your tired feet?

The papers are from Prima Marketing’s Flights of Fancy and Pastiche Collections.  I’ve had these papers for quite some time now and I was finally ready to cut into them.


I used brown Staz-On solvent ink to stamp a design onto the two butterfly-shaped mirrors and then added some pearls to dress them up a bit.  This was my first time trying solvent ink and I learned two valuable lessons:

1) The stamp will slide easily if you’re stamping onto a shiny surface like a mirror so you have to be very careful or the image will be smudged (the evidence of this can be seen on the large butterfly!)

2) A solvent ink cleaner is a must for cleaning up!  I didn’t realize this until after I’d finished stamping and couldn’t remove the ink as I usually do with baby wipes.  I guess I should have read the instructions on the back of the ink pad when I bought it!


Lately I’ve been going back and forth between hand-writing my journaling and using the computer to print it.  For this layout I wanted a fancier more feminine feel than what my own writing looks like so using a computer font worked well.



I used this sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.


Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Susan, this LO is just as fancy as our feet!!! Loving this delicate feel with the Prima, pearls and doily! The stamping on the mirrors looks wonderful! So much detail here!! Gee, I wish my toes still looked and felt as good as they did that day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this page is fabulous! Love all the details, soft colors, journaling strips and the pictures are beautiful! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..simply amazing! Love all the techniques you used. Your cards are beautiful as well..my my you have been a busy blogger. So glad you decided to share your work.

    BTW..Thanks for the love on my blog..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.