Sunday, October 3, 2010

More Cards...

I have two more cards to share with you today which I managed to get finished yesterday.

The thank-you card was made using scraps from MME’s Lush line which Jen gave to me this summer.  Well, she called them “scraps” but there are lots of good pieces of paper there and I’m happy to have them.

I had so much fun putting the Thanksgiving card together. Working on the branches and leaves reminded me of my days of doing appliqué back when I used to make quilts, except it’s SO much easier to glue down bits of paper than it is to zigzag stitch or, worse yet, appliqué everything by hand!
















This is one of the reasons that I love scrapbooking so much - I’m sure that when my eyesight has diminished and my hands are getting shaky I’ll still be able to cut paper and glue it down to create something beautiful.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Susan, these cards are beautiful!! Love the red contrast with those Lush papers! Gotta love scraps for sure!!! The Thanksgiving card is beautiful!!! Did you handcut the leaves or use the Cricut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both cards, but especially the one with the leaves. Isn't scrappy stuff cool- you can use techniques from other arts like quilting or for me, I was a wood crafter back in the day. I love layers and textures - thanks for sharing your work!! t

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ! these cards are just fabulous ! love the touch of reed too !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.