Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Is This Photo Shoot Done?"

I absolutely LOVE this sketch by Helen Croft of Scrap A Little! Sketches !!  Its simple linear design is totally my style.  I knew it would be perfect to showcase some funny photos of my nephew, Thomas, who was certainly the center of attention during Jen and Rob’s recent visit.



















I used some scraps of Basic Grey's Oliver paper on simple white cardstock and kept the embellishing to a minimum.  I’ve recently been following the blog of Kinsey Wilson, a very talented woman.  I love the way she uses hand stitching to add an original and personal touch to her pages.  I think it’s the former quilter/cross-stitcher in me that’s so attracted to handstitching.  Looking at her work has inspired me to add a bit of hand stitching to my own layouts.




















I’m really happy with the end result of this layout – from the handstitched swirls to the buttons to its very simplicity, it’s one of my favourites I’ve done so far.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Susan, this LO is amazing!!! I saw this sketch and shied away from it because it seemed like it would have too much measuring involved. I'm not the most exact crafter like some quilters that I know! ;) I think that this is my favourite LO of yours to date!! The stitching and embellishments are perfect, the title is great and so much fun to have those funny photos of Little Peanut in an album. I really have to cut into my Oliver. I still haven't made it down to the studio yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE... i can see why it's one of your favs!! the hand stitched swirls are beyond awesome!! love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo he is soo very cute !!!

    love the stitching & buttons in the little squares ! great touch alrite !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the colors, the stitching is fabulous and Thomas is just adorable!!!!!Love the white background as well. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Susan! I LOVE those little swirls - they really give this LO dimension and texture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.