Monday, October 11, 2010

"Happy"

I AM happy because Jen and Rob arrive here tomorrow for a week-long visit!  They haven't been here for a long time and it will be really nice for all the siblings of our family to be together again.

I finished this layout yesterday using Serendipity papers from Sassafras Lass.  It's not always easy to figure out how to use their papers but I liked the bright, happy feel of these because they seem to reflect how I was feeling when this photo was taken.  The end result is a bit busy-looking and not exactly my style so it'll probably never be on my list of favourite layouts I've done but I still like it.
















I used Sketch #124 from Creative Scrappers.



















Wishing all my fellow Canadians a very happy Thanksgiving!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

2 comments:

  1. really sweet layout... and great photo!! enjoy your visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this busy LO!! It's just my style!! Great use of the SF. They are really tough papers to use. The layered flowers look terrific and I really like the alphas for the journaling. I LOVE this picture of us! See you tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.