Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Going Up"

I’ve been busy scrapping more photos from my vacation.  I had hopes of finishing the entire vacation album in time for Jen’s visit here next week but with me being possibly The World’s Slowest Scrapper, well, that just isn’t going to happen!  ;-)

While in Banff we did what most people probably do when they visit there – took the gondola up to the top of Sulphur Mountain.  I had done this twice before in my life and was petrified both times.  I even cried on one occasion.  :-(  This time I really wanted to put my fears aside and enjoy the experience.  It may not look like it from the expression on my face in this photo, but I did actually enjoy the ride up – mostly.

The papers I used are from Pink Paislee’s 365 degrees Collection.

















The clouds underneath the title were cut out of a sheet of Sassafras Lass’ Serendipity Owl Pals.  The chipboard letters actually came from a card that Jen sent to us.  Jen and I have an agreement that after we’ve finished enjoying the handmade cards we send to each other, we should feel free to reuse anything that we want from the cards.  We love the idea of using the bits & pieces and giving them new life in another project instead of just sticking the card in a drawer.


I had a lot of fun making the little kite embellishment.  I was inspired to do this after seeing the pumpkin that Aphra Bolyer put together to add the perfect touch to one of her layouts.  You can take a look at it here.  Very cute!


This alphabet card is from K&Company.  I found a box of these cards on sale for half price while scrappy shopping with Jen.  The best part was that there were two of every card so we were able to share them and have an entire set each.


I used this sketch by Jana Eubank as the starting point for my layout.


Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin this layout!! The kite embellie is super cute!! I also toally love the idea of re-using things from each others handmade cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Susan, I just LOVE this!!! The clouds behind the title are awesome and I think I might have to scraplift this idea! The paper pieced kite is so cute and so great to have the "k" card too! Happy to see those alphas going to good use too!! Was that part of Matt's card? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout susan, but in the photo, you do look kinda nervous!! How exciting for your visit next week - have fun. terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.